POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-Ray picture featured on Wikipedia : Re: POV-Ray picture featured on Wikipedia Server Time
1 May 2024 11:06:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray picture featured on Wikipedia
From: St
Date: 2 Aug 2006 13:45:34
Message: <44d0e4be@news.povray.org>
news:eaq3uh$p2p$1@chho.imagico.de...

> An image made with POV-Ray by Gilles Tran is currently shown as "Today's
> featured picture" on the main page of the English Wikipedia:
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/
>
> A link to the scene for rendering the image is available on the image
> page:
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Glasses_800.png

    I've never seen this image by Gilles before, but the scaling is all
wrong to me. The tall glass to the left should be as tall as the red wine
glass and yet, it's only 2 inches away. (Unless of course, Gilles is
meticulous in his study of such drinking vessels, and that they are indeed,
correct!)   ;)

     Just my tuppence worth.

     ~Steve~